- by Frank Hammel
in New Gear
L-Acoustics announced the latest version of its LA Network Manager software (22.214.171.124) as well as a firmware update (126.96.36.199) for its LA4 and LA8 amplified controllers.
The full release pack with updated documentation is now available from L-Acoustics’ online download center at http://www.l-acoustics.com/support-download-center-13.html.
More details from L-Acoustics (www.l-acoustics.com):
New features to LA Network Manager version 188.8.131.52 include:
• Compatibility with Windows 8
• New L-COM network engine with fast detection of units and improved protocol of data transfer
• Enhanced contour EQ: zoom factor with wide range and fine steps, eight IIR filters with Q factor up to 40
• Universal firmware package included, auto-detection of unit type for facilitated firmware update process
• Various bug fixes and improvements
Version 184.108.40.206 firmware for the LA4 and LA8 now offers:
• Audio available within nine seconds after power is turned on
• Output delay extended to 680 ms per channel
• LA8 comes with both LA8 and LA4 presets onboard
• The routing (input selection) for the output channels can be set from the preset parameters menu
The new Preset Library 3.0, accompanying both releases, offers a simplified preset structure and integration of various LA4 presets (5XT, KILO, KIVA_SB15, SB15_100 and SB15_100_C).